Re: CoMET

On Tuesday 10 February 2004 08:37 am, Jens Granseuer wrote:
> > CoMET is segfaulting.  :(  Here's the error message:
> >
> > Fatal signal: Segmentation Fault (SDL Parachute Deployed)
>
> Where? What? When?
> The error message is the standard SDL one, so it's pretty unhelpful.
> You did make make install for CoMET, too, didn't you?

Hmm, I forgot to get back with that.  Sorry.  :(  I went out and enjoyed a
cigarette and thunk about it some, and figured that it probably wasn't
finding a file and instead of exiting with a useful error message it was just
crashing (alpha software and all, right?).  So I came back in, remembering a
did make install, and it ran fine, mostly.

I'm getting random crashes in both CoMET and CF right now.  I'll try to get a
core dump or something in the near future, since you're absolutely right
about the sdl error message being worthless.

Dave

--
Visit my website!
http://www.davefancella.com/?event=em

"Language shapes the way we think, and determines what we can think about."
-- B. L. Whorf