Re: Random crashes on ANthill map

On Monday 09 February 2004 04:26 pm, Dave Fancella wrote:
> I'm getting some random crashes on the Anthill map.  :(

ALright, some more information.  I'm using the Revelation map, I think.  I
forget.  :)

Anyway, here's one thing that's happening, resulting in a segfault.  I moved
several pieces up next to a light tank.  The first two pieces knocked him
down to nothing, but the piece remained on the map.  When the next attacker
on that piece showed up to resolve his attack (which it shouldn't do,
right?), the map recentered somewhere else and showed me in the dialog for
resolving the fight a ghosted-white version of the light tank icon.  It
continued to resolve the attack.  When it was next my turn, and I got the map
to look at, the light tank had turned into a barracks.  When I click on the
barracks, segfault.  I suspect that this is the same bug causing different
symptoms at seemingly random intervals, but what do I know?  ;)

Here's the message in gdb at the point the segfault happened:

0x0805410e in Game::HandleLMB(Point const&) (this=0x80a0aa0, hex=@0xbffff58c)
    at game.cpp:1235
1235    }

Here's the backtrace, if it's useful at all:

#0  0x0805410e in Game::HandleLMB(Point const&) (this=0x80a0aa0,
    hex=@0xbffff58c) at game.cpp:1235
#1  0x080bb618 in ?? ()
#2  0x08053bfa in Game::HandleEvent(SDL_Event const&) (this=0x1,
    event=@0x80bb618) at game.cpp:1116
#3  0x08060369 in Panel::HandleEvent(SDL_Event const&) (this=0x4cb,
    event=@0xbffff5e0) at mapwindow.cpp:437
#4  0x0807bdc4 in View::HandleEvents() (this=0x809d1b0)
    at ../common/view.cpp:260
#5  0x0805bd9f in main (argc=7, argv=0xbffff6b4) at main.cpp:131
#6  0x40241c57 in __libc_start_main () from /lib/i686/libc.so.6

Next, I typed 'up' in gdb, and here it is:

#1  0x080bb618 in ?? ()

If there's anything else I can do to track this down, let me know.

Dave

--
Visit my website!
http://www.davefancella.com/?event=em

There's got to be more to life than compile-and-go.