Re: Soundtrack

On Wednesday 18 February 2004 07:36 pm, Jens Granseuer wrote:
> On 18.02.2004 12:14, Dave Fancella wrote:
> > I figure that it'd be nice if there were different songs for each
> > scenario, but it'll take awhile to get there, if we ever get there.  So
> > there has to be a default soundtrack that gets played if the scenario
> > doesn't have its own. Is a Sousa-like march the right kind of default
> > soundtrack?  If not, what is? I suppose now would be a good time for me
> > to do the symphony of guitars playing the 1812 overture that I've been
> > wanting to do....  ;)
>
> Pardon my ignorance, but who is (was, probably) Sousa. I know Paulo Sousa,
> but I'm pretty sure he's not the one you're talking about. ;-)

Sousa wrote a lot of marches in the US in the 19th Century and early 20th
Century.  His full name is John Phillip Sousa, and he wrote such hits as The
Stars and Stripes Forever.  Here's a page that has midi versions of most of
Sousa's work:

http://www.dws.org/sousa/works.htm

Having been an American all my life, I've heard quite a bit of Sousa.  Also,
since I was in marching band in my early high school years, I've played a
fair bit of Sousa (although never on my guitar).  His work is usually rousing
to a degree, but gets repetitive in a bad way.  In any case, it's always good
music for war.

Dave

--
Visit my website!
http://www.davefancella.com/?event=em

You can fool all the people all of the time if the advertising is right
and the budget is big enough.
		-- Joseph E. Levine