Re: Looking for portable image manipulation library

On 08.02.2005 17:44, Matthias Grimm wrote:
> to make tile set creation more easy and flexible I need an image
> manipulation library. Primarily there are imlib and gdk-pixbuf but
> I don't know anything about portablility of those libraries. Imlib needs
> Xlibs and gdk-pixbuf needs at least gdk. Which library could I use that
> will also be available and easyly compilable under Windows? Any
> recommendations? Any other libraries out there? I need image scaling,
> alpha blending and format transformations (RGB -> indexed color map).

SDL_gfx can do scaling, and alpha-blending, too, I suppose.
http://www.ferzkopp.net/~aschiffler/Software/SDL_gfx-2.0/

You didn't say what you're trying to do, though. If you're just
trying to streamline your design pipeline, with the final result still
being a bitmap you can feed to mktileset, then it might be worth a try
to do that as a gimp plugin, now that gimp also has a non-GUI version.

Jens