Re: Variable tileset size

On Sunday 27 February 2005 12:08 pm, Matthias Grimm wrote:
> 1. I would like to put this tool in a contribution area of the source
>     tree. How could we do this? May I post the source to the list?

I can answer this.  :)  If it's not too big, you can generally post to the=20
list, but poor ol' Jens is on a really slow connection and he'd appreciate =
it=20
if you didn't post large files directly to the list.

If it's a large tarball, and you don't have a server you can put it on for=20
Jens to download, you can email it to me and I'll put it up for him.  Then =
he=20
can download it at his leisure.  :)

As for getting it into a contribution area of the source, I know nothing.  =
But=20
I can help get the file transferred logistically.  ;)

Dave

> 2. Because each size has its own tileset, zooming could be easy realized
>     by loading the same tileset with a different size. But to be able to
>     do this, CF must become able to load tileset with different sizes.
>
>     I tried to fiddle out what to do in the source but saw that I don't
>     know enough for a patch yet. I found the following defines in
>     mapview.h that must become properties of the objects tileset and
>     unitset. Unfortunately there are two objects that handles tileset
>     images. In future this objects should be changed to handle tileset
>     images in different sizes to be fast, even this might become very
>     memory consuming.
>
>     GFX_WIDTH         32    This should be provided by the *.tiles file
>     GFX_HEIGHT        28    This should be provided by the *.tiles file
>     GFX_OVERLAP_X   9     =3D width / 4 - 1
>     GFX_OVERLAP_Y  14    =3D height / 2
>     GFX_PER_LINE      24    =3D image width / width
>
>     Furthermore some hotkeys for zoom in and zoom out might be helpful.
>
>     Maybe, Jens, you could prepare CF for different tileset sizes if
>     there is no other important task to do and you have some time to
>     spend. I would prefer to concentrate myself on tile creation.
>
>    I forgot to say: This is a feature request ;-)
>
>   Best Regards
>     Matthias

--=20
Visit my website!
http://www.davefancella.com/?event=3Dem

Did you ever walk into a room and forget why you walked in?  I think
that's how dogs spend their lives.
		-- Sue Murphy