Re: Documentation about Crimson Architecture?

On 07.01.2005 13:37, Matthias Grimm wrote:

Hi, welcome, and thanks for the praise.

> I think Crimson is at the same stage Battle Isle One was. I would like
> to see all the features in Crimson that makes Battle Isle II so unique.

As I barely know BI2 myself I'm not sure how to respond to that ;-)

> Do you have a document that describes the global architecture of crimson?
> Which classes base on which and how the data flow is? I would like to
> contribute to the program and it would speed up things a bit. Reading and
> understanding the source is not really my favorite work ;-)

Unfortunately, no, there is currently no design document but if you like
I can give you a short tour of the most important parts (though that'll
have to wait for tomorrow). As the coding part of CF has be almost
exclusively a one-man effort it hasn't been needed (although some might
argue this attitude is causing kind of a chicken-and-egg problem...) and
as documenting stuff consumes precious time I've always found other "more
urgent" matters to spend mine on.

Jens