Re: Tutorial campaign

On 18.01.2005 22:08, The Fox wrote:
> - event id=1 is just a message triggered by heavy tanks on the bridge.
> Should be Create Unit which creates blue mines (squad size = 3) at 1,
> 14 (and triggered by yellow heavy tanks on the bridge or anywhere
> beyond it (where it can drive in single turn).

Ok, this should work now. I've added a new "player" parameter to the
unitposition trigger. I'm not sure how to resolve that "or anywhere
beyond it" part without using a ridiculous number of events, though.

> - the depot entrance at 17,12 is conquerable even before it's
> "completed". It has undesirable results, thus we need some sort of
> Disable Shop event or something (or alter the map scenario).

I've tweaked the path finder a bit to make this work. As long as
the unit cannot cross the hex you replace the entrance with, it
won't get in.

> The mines are already in place (I'd really like to be able to create
> units with different squad size and experience).

It's possible but the event already uses all data fields available.
That means we would have to cram several values into a single field.
Can be done, but will remove compatibility with older releases.
(I wouldn't mind too much, but there seem to be people who do ;))

> I must tell you that
> you are a developer's dream: programmer that almost immediately
> implements all requested features and fixes all bugs. I thought that
> such a person doesn't live. Well, looks like you're the right guy :-).

Heh, just don't get your hopes up too high. My day only has 24 hours,
too, and there will be times when I can't spend a few of them each
day on CF. Luckily, the beginning of a year is often rather slow-going.

[later]

> I completed the mission texts as proposed. Please proofread, correct
> and/or alter them wherever you deem necessary. After that I will
> translate them.

I do have some ideas on how to improve the messages but I think you
should first finish the rest of the mission. Otherwise you'll probably
end up revising them repeatedly.

(Besides, I don't have the time, currently. You know, bugs and stuff...)

Jens