Re: game flow

Hi All,

On Fr, 2005-01-21 at 19:34 +0000, Jens Granseuer wrote:
> On 20.01.2005 21:46, Matthias Grimm wrote:
> > The following situation might also be interesting: One party heavily
> > attacks a target and lets a gap in the front line. A transporter with
> > an infantry unit in it slipped through this gap and conquered the
> > next outpost. Victory in sight, the attacker suddenly has an hostile
> > bridgehead in his back. The tactics have to be revised...
>
> Don't forget that this already works today (Sascha just yesterday
> complained that transporter rushing could win both maps of the Yalwa
> campain ;-)). Sure, you need a few bodyguards for the infantry, but can

Correct!

I do not agree with Matthias on this Point, but I know where it came
from ... we are currently fighting the HeavyMetal map and he entered a
building with massive units before me and could not use them immediately
to wipe my troops off :-)

My opinion is to keep the limitations as they are. It's a tactical
chellenge to use the infantry effective. Particularly regarding to the
issue, that there is no defense to buildings from the unit in it.

That may be an interesting addition! It could be a fancy surprise forthe
attacker :-)

To the argument that two hostile infantrists could block each other
entering a building could be solved by sending supporting units ... and
this could change the war in interesting ways!

> you really expect a single infantry unit to sneak through the enemy
> lines, take a factory, and immediately move out everything in there?
> I think not. In fact, getting out of their transportation is one of
> the situations when troops are most vulnerable to attack.

I agree completely on that!

Regards, Sascha.