Re: I need help

Welcome, Will.

On 30.06.2008 22:58, William wrote:
    With crimson fields, I can. However, I'm using a
macintosh computer, and I need help with the bi2cf utility
and compiling and all that stuff. I have the battle isle
and history line maps, and I want to convert them to
crimson fields, but I don't know how to. I have a pc, but
I need a step by step guide on how to actually do it.

Have you seen
http://crimson.seul.org/wiki/index.php/PortingMaps ?
The scriptlet on that page obviously requires a UNIXy
shell, so you'd have to convert it to something your
system understands. I suppose some sort of shell-thingy
should be available on a Mac, with its BSD heritage.

    I've downloaded the mac version of crimson fields, and
it's working. However, it quits unexpectedly, and it gets
real annoying. I have to save often, and sometimes all my
information with crimson fields is lost.

The Mac port is still pretty fresh. I'm sure Silvio
would like to know all about such problems with it. If
you were on Linux or similar I could give you some
detailed debugging instructions, but for the Mac you'll
have to rely on other people.

    I've also got great ideas about improving crimson
fields. Crimson fields could include tips and tactics for
individual maps so people don't get stuck and lose the
battle.

While these are nice ideas, the big problem usually is
creating (and maintaining) all that content. I don't
want to steal your thunder, but it's probably more than
we could handle at the moment.

Also, I have some new map ideas, a well thought
out campaign, and maybe another storyline about how the
Nexians and Kandelians came to fight each other.

We're always happy about new maps to play. You may
have noticed that the standard campaign still isn't
finished either (although there's a rough outline of
the full campaign in the wiki that we discussed a
while ago), so there's yet another battlefield for
interested map builders to conquer. ;-)

    Please help me use the bi2cf utility and the cfed
utility. Thanks.

The manpages for both of these are also available
online at http://crimson.seul.org/wiki/index.php/UserManual
If you need more specific information don't hesitate
to ask.

Jens