Re: Third tutorial map

On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 18:37:55 +0200, Jens Granseuer <jensgr@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On 02.06.2005 00:34, Andrej Krivulčík wrote:
Nice addition to the scenario. Though, I would like to keep the hovercraft
transporting part and instruct the player to build additional units in the
end of the mission (probably some Transport planes or other airborne units
because I plan the fourth mission to be air-units based). OTOH won't it
get boring? The transporting would be practiced twice...

One is transporting crystals, the other units. Transporting units is kind
of obvious, but the fact it also works with crystals might not, so we must
at least mention both. But since the distances are rather small in this
map, I don't really see a reason not to practice it.

I intended to force the player to practice unit transportation (in order to capture the northwestern base) and then crystals transportation (to transport the crystals from the newly conquered base to the eastern base). Now he will have to transport some crystals from the southwestern base to the eastern so that he will be able to build hovercraft unit. That's fine because this way he will learn all types of units which can transport things :-).

I'll start working on this map probably during the weekend so don't hold your breath (I've got some work again...). Wouldn't it be time to release a new version (after including the second map)?

Andrej