Re: Ports

On Fri, 2010-06-25 at 19:45 +0400, ÐÐÐÑÑÐÐÑÐÐÐÐ ÐÑÐ wrote:
> Hi. I am not a coder, sadly. But I would like to see a
> KolibriOS/MenuetOS (FASM) port of this game. [...]
> There's no runtimes/libs of normal programming languages on those OS's
> right now, so a FASM (flat assembler) coder is highly desired for CF
> to go on that OS.

All the current ports use the same code base. Rewriting everything in
Assembler would be considerably more work, and likely more than anyone
is willing to spend. Aside from this issue, ports are usually done by
people who run a system they'd like to see supported. Simply coming up
with a new system is most likely not going to work, I'm afraid.

> BTW... is the project scrapped or development busy? there's been no
> mailing list entries for a looooong time. :(

Weeelll. It's certainly not very busy right now. I have pretty much
moved on to other endeavours although I'll still take a stab at the code
when errors are reported or someone wants to contribute new maps or
something but at this point it's no longer being actively developed.

Life waits for no man, as they say.

Jens