Re: cvs build

On Thursday 26 February 2004 05:57 pm, Jens Granseuer wrote:
> > Running aclocal-1.8...
> > aclocal: configure.ac: 41: macro `AM_PATH_SDL' not found in library
>
> Ok. If we fix this one, the others will go away automatically, I hope.
> First, we're calling aclocal-1.8. That's a good sign. The problem is
> the SDL-devel package (sort of).
>
> Your situation is this: automake (default) is installed in /usr.
> aclocal is part of automake. aclocal looks for macros in $datadir/aclocal
> which usually is /usr/share/aclocal. SDL-devel installs sdl.m4 in
> /usr/share/aclocal.
> automake-1.8 is installed in /usr/local and looks for macros in
> /usr/local/share/aclocal, probably (check with aclocal-1.8 --print-ac-dir).
> Unfortunately, it can't find sdl.m4 there. There probably is some way to
> tell it to look in /usr/share/aclocal, too, (there's a command line option
> but that doesn't help us much here) but the quick fix is to make a link to
> sdl.m4 in /usr/local/share/aclocal-1.8.

Did this, no workie either.  :(  Same errors, quoted again:

tools/Makefile.am:1: BUILD_BI2CF does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
tools/Makefile.am:4: BUILD_CFED does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
/usr/local/share/automake-1.8/am/depend2.am: am__fastdepCC does not appear in
AM_CONDITIONAL
/usr/local/share/automake-1.8/am/depend2.am: AMDEP does not appear in
AM_CONDITIONAL
/usr/local/share/automake-1.8/am/depend2.am: am__fastdepCXX does not appear in
AM_CONDITIONAL
Running autoconf...
************
Running ./configure  ...
************
./configure: line 1310: syntax error near unexpected token `foreign'
./configure: line 1310: `AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(foreign dist-bzip2 nostdinc)'
[dave@benedict crimson]$ ./configure
./configure: line 1310: syntax error near unexpected token `foreign'
./configure: line 1310: `AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(foreign dist-bzip2 nostdinc)'

These aren't all of them, these are just the ones towards the end.  Here's the
very first error with the lines around it:  (I can grab all of them if you
want all of them)

Creating config sub-directory...
Running aclocal-1.8...
/usr/local/share/aclocal-1.8/sdl.m4:11: warning: underquoted definition of
AM_PATH_SDL
  run info '(automake)Extending aclocal'
  or see http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#Extending%20aclocal
/usr/local/share/aclocal/sdl.m4:11: warning: underquoted definition of
AM_PATH_SDL
autom4te-2.5x: unknown language: Autoconf-without-aclocal-m4
aclocal-1.8: autom4te failed with exit status: 1
Running automake-1.8 --add-missing ...
configure.ac: no proper invocation of AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE was found.
configure.ac: You should verify that configure.ac invokes AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE,
configure.ac: that aclocal.m4 is present in the top-level directory,

Dave

--
Visit my website!
http://www.davefancella.com/?event=em