Re: Soundtrack rough draft

On 07.03.2004 22:25, Dave Fancella wrote:
> On Friday 05 March 2004 06:23 pm, Jens Granseuer wrote:
> > With regard to the
> > implementation, how would the game determine when to switch from "boring"
> > to "movingalong"? When the excitement level rises to 5, of course, but how
> > does it figure out the beat on which to switch? It's not reasonable to
> > assume that the tracks fit together at every given moment, right? Do we
> > need a waveform analyzer?
>
> Ok, I'm finally alert enough again to answer this.  :)
>
> It's a very complicated setup, what I've got in mind.

[lots of complicated sound engineering stuff skipped]

> My original proposal was less detailed than this mostly 'cause I was tired
> when I wrote it, sorry.

Phew!

Ohhkayy. Have I mentioned we've still got a long way to go?
I'd like to propose to keep this in mind as a possible long-term goal.
As you said we'd need the simple fallback anyway, so that's what we
should aim for at the moment, right? When we have this working the way
we want _and_ the prospects of getting some advanced soundtrack(s) done
we can come back to this one.

Agreed?

Jens