Re: Developer Questions

On Monday 08 March 2004 04:45 pm, Gil Pinheiro wrote:
> My name is Gil Pinheiro, I'm an 4th year undergrad at WLU (Ontario, Canada)
> - I'm currently enrolled in a course on Artificial intelligence. The crux
> of the course is a project, chosen by the student. Therein lies the reason
> for this email - I'm going to add additional AI support to CF.

I was just thinking to myself, "It would be nice if some college kid with a
project to do for an AI class came along and gave us an AI."  ;)

> I've been hacking on the source for a week or so now, and though I don't
> have much experience working on open projects, I've managed to abstract out
> a multiple AI interface, and have added a game type that allows 2 AI to
> compete against each other.

To tell you the truth, I'm personally interested in an AI that can be plugged
into parts of the user interface.  For example, I'd like to have an automatic
target selection, where if I forget to fire my artillery or if I forget to
attack with a front-liner, the AI would go ahead and fire them for me.  If
the target selection is good enough, then I'd only have to focus on moving
the pieces, which would be nice.  :)  (I'm lazy, so sue me)

Dave

--
Visit my website!
http://www.davefancella.com/?event=em

Reinhart was never his mother's favorite -- and he was an only child.
		-- Thomas Berger