Re: Defense Initiative

On 11.03.2004 08:18, Dave Fancella wrote:
> I looked, really I did, and didn't find anything in the docs about this.
>
> Is there a defense initiative, or anything like that?
>
> Basically, I'm thinking that if a piece sits and waits for an attack, he
> should have a higher defense rating.  So, if he doesn't move or attack on his
> turn, and he gets attacked on the other player's turn, then he should have a
> higher defense, because he's waiting for an attack.
>
> Is there anything like that, now?

No, there isn't. How do you tell units which have been preparing for
enemy attacks and dug in from units slacking in supposedly safe territory
and getting ambushed unexpectedly by some fighters which sneaked through
the front lines? Besides, I think it's not a good idea to punish offensive
play.

Jens