Re: Patch : cursor follow the mouse

On 3/25/2014 3:03 AM, Adam H wrote:
This might relate in some small way, but I also play Go (a 3k-4k year
old board game of Chinese origins (Go is the Japanese name)), and
miss-clicking is a common-problem when playing on the internet.

One program I play on solved this problem by applying the "click" when
the mouse button is released instead of when it's pressed. If a player
simply released the button, the action was completed, but if a player
accidentally clicked the button, they had the opportunity of moving the
mouse away from the area of operation thereby cancelling the action
before releasing the button.

Something similar could be adapted if the problem is miss-clicking.
However, if it's not, please treat this information as trivia.

That's how clicks work in Windows. If you click and realize you've clicked the wrong thing before releasing the button, you can move away and release the button and abort the click.

'Course since Windows doesn't enforce using most of its standard API and UI, programmers can override that behavior (along with making even more work for themselves by shunning other standard items like file dialog boxes).