Re: Problems with the second tutorial map

On 26.05.2005 01:00, Andrej Krivulčík wrote:
> Just to freshen things a little bit:
>
> Jens wrote:
> > The map is currently broken if you lose one of the tanks in the first
> > battle. I haven't actually checked, but what happens if you lose the
> > infantry and don't have the resources to build a new one?
>
> I'm trying to resolve these situations. I decided to abort the mission
> after losing one of the starting tanks because I wouldn't be able to
> trigger the "returned home" event with new tanks unit (which would have
> different ID). This wasn't complicated but I want to abort the mission
> also when the player loses the infantry. And the problem is that the unit
> is not created at the start of the mission and its ID is also unknown.
>
> How can I trigger an event by destruction of unit which is not yet
> created? I miss some kind of "if destroyed one of player 1's infantry" or
> "if destroyed all of player 1's infantry" triggers. Or is there a
> workaround? (Perhaps guessing or setting the infantry's ID?)

No, you can't set or guess the ID, but there is a way to solve this:

Create the event with a trigger of "player's infantry destroyed",
but set it to disabled initially. Then create a "manipulate event"
event which triggers when an infantry is built in the depot and
enables the first event.

I've attached some suggested changes to the messages. Also, for
consistency's sake, I think it would be better to label the depot
"Factory" instead of "Depot".

Jens