Re: A patch

Then again,
what we mainly need is maps, and that's nothing I should be needed
for...)

I'll see if I can help (:

Thanks for your contribution. To make reviewing patches easier, it
would be nice if you could submit separate patches per issue in the
future. Please also use unified format (ideally diff -up).

Ok, I just don't know much about patches being a Windows user (: I can separate the .diff tomorrow or the day after tomorrow.

The gory details are hidden on purpose. If that wasn't intended we
could just have XP from 0 to 15 or something. I never missed the
exact numbers and don't think they are important to know. Just some
meaningless numbers.

Imagine a situation: you have two units against one of the enemy. As it is a theroretical situation, let's assume that the second attacker will always kill the enemy. And if one of your units has 0 (3, 6 etc.) XP, and the second 2 (5, 8 etc.) "the gory details" start to matter, don't they? Knowing the exact number of XP would help to act more efficiently. Of course, I am a stranger to the project, but I strongly believe that a game should not give advantage to someone who is weird enough to carefully write down everything that happens (units gaining experience in this case) over a normal player.

These two were done on purpose as well, but maybe the reasoning wasn't
quite as sound. The original idea was that during campaigns you would
occasionally encounter new units that you know nothing about. Being
able to just look up the stats somewhat works against that. On the
other hand, unknown and mysterious enemy units haven't been a strong
focus as of yet, so maybe changing this would be ok. Not sure.

Oh, I see. I just didn't have an opportunity to learn about these plans (: