Re: Polish translation update & some comments

On 20.11.2006 22:59, Torinthiel wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 20, 2006 at 06:37:14PM +0100, Jens Granseuer wrote:
> > > 4. More than once I've clicked/pressed Enter when waiting for remote
> > >    player, thus exiting and breaking the game. I'd like some
> > >    confirmation dialog there.
> >
> > I agree here. However, I was wondering if we need the button at all.
> > Or maybe just don't make it activate on Return? I'm not sure about this
> > one, except that it needs to change.
>
> Not making it activate on Return would be an advantage, but IMHO
> a button to stop waiting would be nice. Maybe with confirmation dialog,
> maybe with loud and clear warning that this breaks the game with no way
> to return.

You're right, I'll add a confirmation step. That means you'll have to
update the translation once again, though ;-)

> > > 5. When one player stops, exiting the game, the other player's binary
> > >    crashes[1]. Maybe sending some package with 'I've just exited, don't
> > >    bother listening more from me' would help
> >
> > I haven't been able to reproduce this crash. What exactly is the sequence
> > leading to it? When do you exit? Who does (client/server)? Could you maybe
> > get me a gdb backtrace?
>
> Two ways, depending whether you want to crash server or client.
>
> Crashing server:
> [server] Start a server with any map (tested on RadioSilence, Anthill,
>          Foxhole, ClippedWings).
> [client] Connect to the server, click on stop to disconnect while server
>          takes turn. Confirm the 'connection broken' message
> [server] Complete turn normally, the error reports on end of turn.
>
> Crashing client:
> [server] start a server with any map
> [client] connect to the server.
> [server] Finish turn one, click on stop to disconnect while client takes
>          turn. Confirm the 'connection broken' message.
> [client] Complete turn normally, the error reports on end of turn.

I don't understand this. For me, if the connection is lost, both players are
immediately kicked out. I can't "complete turn normally".

The gdb stacktraces aren't very useful either, unfortunately. You'll have
to build crimson without optimisations and with debugging symbols to be
helpful. (CXXFLAGS="-O0 -g" ./configure --....) And please be sure to have
done a "make clean" beforehand. Something smells fishy here.

Jens