Re: Language detection (was: First ES translation patch and something else)

Дана Saturday 31 October 2009 11:48:23 Jens Granseuer написа:
> On Sat, 2009-10-31 at 06:48 +0100, Nikola Smolenski wrote:
> > // Desktop environment detection done according to
> > // http://flyback.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/src/desktop.py
> > if(getenv("KDE_FULL_SESSION") || getenv("KDE_MULTIHEAD")) {
>
> Eek! Now that's horrible! Even if we add per-platform code I certainly
> don't want per-desktop code in there. I don't know how KDE does stuff,
> but Gnome uses LANG and LC_* just like any other UNIX platform should.
> That's basically the *only* approach I consider sane on UNIX systems.
> Anything else will result in a horrible mess.

Gnome doesn't use LANG and LC_* variables. Gnome uses ~/.dmrc file while KDE
is supposed to but, at least in older versions, doesn't. I don't really see
how to do KDE language detection without doing KDE language detection, and
don't see why wouldn't it be done.