Re: Multi-hex units

Quoting Jens Granseuer <jensgr@gmx.net>:
> I wouldn't want to introduce additional restrictions for movement of large
> units. Besides, modern ships have extra screws for moving sideways or turning
> in place, or they can adjust their angle. Let's just assume this technology
> has survived on Nexus as well, so a battleship won't feel much different
> from a single-hex unit.

Well, specifically, I'm trying to imagine turning.  How do I move just one of my
two hexes?  How do I specify final orientation at the target move location?  I
guess you could do some sort of hex-outlining that gives a hint at the final
location and orientation, before a click.  And perhaps a Tetris-style "rotate"
function could let you hit a key to change orientation.

It just seems like moving a two-hex unit is going to be more tricky than a
simple one-hexer.

Pat.