Re: Wiki

On Mon, 2009-09-07 at 12:47 -0400, Albert Vest wrote:
> Philippe BARTHELEMY wrote:
> > I've played around the old site.
> > Although I am not an expert, I think I can recover the data from the old phpwiki.
> >
> > provided that I manage to, what should we do next ?
> >
> > obviously, due to lack of resources, CF requires a very simple hosting.
> > Shouldn't  we move the project to sourceforge ( which provides
> > mediawiki by default ) or Google Code ( ugly but very simple ) ?
>
> Why not both?

For example, because keeping a project site up to date is work that I
don't feel I want to do twice. Plus I don't see any benefits at all. To
be honest, I don't see any reason to move away from SEUL, either. An
infrastructure change like this (well, version upgrade) could hit with
any other host, too, and it's really just the wiki that's making
problems.

Moving requires effort, and unless there's an obvious benefit, I don#t
see the need to expend it.

I'd prefer to simply move to a more state-of-the-art wiki software,
ideally one that can export its data in a useful format (like static
html) and provides means to migrate the data on version upgrades.

Jens