Re: [f-cpu] Winograd DCT on my seul.org account

Hi!

this is indeed a very, very  convincing idea! Provide the
'fitter' for the processor with the processor. YESSS!

<compare to vhdl>
It would be similar to todays FPGAs tool chains!
You can use a 'global tool' like synplicity or whatever
and run the device fitter from the vendor to create
fpga netlist.
</compare to vhdl>

Now you take gcc (or the ones for ada, f, pas and so on)
and run the f-cpu optimization fitter as a second step.
And I would love to see the optimization procedure as a
part of the loader...
Then there were the chance for portability at maxperf.
And you wouldn't have to worry about f-cpu type during
compilation...

And the hardware guys must think about how software is
to be optimized - what amount of synergy effects :-)

And finally I don't see problems using gcc as a frontend
tool only.

JG