Re: [f-cpu] Winograd DCT on my seul.org account

> >and i won't give up this pleasure ;-)
> >i would be very interested to see how such a parallel langage could
> >be transformed into a sequential code.
> >At least, the parallelism issues will disappear.
> >The overload functions provide the user with transparent means
> >to apply their algorithms on different data types.
> >The event-driven model makes some more things easier (like
> >the way functions are synchronised).
> >I like these ideas :-)
> >I don't want to use the ADA model verbatim, however.
>
> Yes, don't give up the parallel view. It is superior. ;-)

Parallel execution is non-sense for uniprocessor and even multi-processor (each
of them executes one sequential code). So I don't see the point. But I aggree
that C language is more and more misadapted for modern microprocessors so that
we should use a lot of trick too much.

> >> I learned C because it is THE U**X language.
> >but it's an oooooold langage :-( and it's not adapted
> >to today's computers...
>
> You are working with oooooold operating systems BTW.
> U**X is nearly as old as I am :-( but still superior
> to MS.

Yeah, the trouble is that the only OS which could be an alternative to MS is
U**X which is a very ooooooooold concept.