Re: [f-cpu] Erin64

> distributed) having a Language Processor, a Peripheral Processor, and up
> to 8 Math Co-processors serving up to 128 Users (CRT Monitors).  There
> is provision for "N" sub-systems beyond 128 Users.  All being serviced
> from a single Hard Drive Disk of 80 GBytes. I have not directed the
> Processor design to a "one size fits all" as you people are doing.  I am
> not competing with Intel and AMD as you people are doing.  I am certain
> they will come up with more answers while you are still in the "talking
> phase."  They do have a very large staff of hardware types and software
> as well.  However; I am not knocking your effort, it is very good

You are right - for example Linux was in similar position ten years ago.
Now it is accepted by large companies not only because it is good, they
start to feel danger of M$ monopoly for their own bussiness.
Free cpu has harder position as you can't get it for free and test like
sw. But some day motherboard makers, AMD and like may recognize that
Intel works only with Intel MOBO and Intel MOBO can work only with M$
sw for example ... then they may feel ready to use something like proven
free cpu with Linux and other sw already working ..
People here invest much time to make f-cpu technicaly good. People at
commercial companies focus often on: do it fast, good enough so it can
be sell (and sometimes tricky enough so they will lock users to the
product forever).