Re: [f-cpu] Winograd DCT on my seul.org account

On Mon, 22 Apr 2002, Marco Al wrote:
>Juergen Goeritz wrote:
>> On Mon, 22 Apr 2002, Marco Al wrote:
>
>>> How about Occam? ;)
>
>> Have these proposals made the way to implementation yet?
>> Is there a PD compiler to start with?
>
>Just the handling of references, in KroC :
>http://www.cs.ukc.ac.uk/projects/ofa/kroc/

Thanks.

>> BTW I spent years on message passing and I don't share
>> your opinion about that 'not long' distance to OO.
>
>I have 0 experience in language design so Ill take your word for it.
>
>I have a soft spot for CSP and Occam. The absence of aliasing is
>interesting, and message passing just seems so much more suited for
>programming concurrent architectures than shared memory approaches.

Agreed! I also like the message passing versions better
than shared memories. I think message passing is the
superset of communication because it's easy clusterable. :-)

>There dont seem to be a lot of actively maintained concurrent object
>oriented languages (COOLs) which use message passing, with CSP and Occam
>still going relatively strong after a long history Im just hoping to see
>Occam become one :/

Who knows. The parallel strongness of Occam is a wanted
feature for that language I have in mind.

JG