Re: [f-cpu] Running long things (was: Re: Yet Another Upload)

By the way, I never looked at simulators, why are some "slow"
and some fast ?
I'd expect to compile VHDL code to be "executable", map bitvectors
to cpu registers and run processes.
Maybe is there difference that better simulator knows how to
"collapse" several vhdl statements to be run by fewer cpu insns ?

Or are there problems with multivalued types (std_[u]logic) ?

devik