Re: [f-cpu] F-CPU SoC

Le 2015-04-01 14:19, Nikolay Dimitrov a ÃcritÂ:
Hi Yann,

On 04/01/2015 02:50 PM, whygee@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
My plan is to restart the site from scratch, check and refresh each
file starting from the toolkit, some files are old and use ugly
tricks ...

Hmm... how do you find the idea to start using a version control? Github
is a nice tool to use, and you won't need to wonder anymore where/which
is the latest code.

This is not the problem I have encountered.

I have had to update something, which broke others,
for example when I updated the instruction set structure 1 year ago,
I could update many things but the assembler and simulator are badly broken.
It is a lot of work and I was under pressure by a professional project,
I had to make quick and practical decisions...

In parallel I have added new features on still-working-but-older-versions,
for example the Flashing interface.

The good part is that now, i can restart the design from zero,
yet with existing parts and a good idea of the SW architecture,
I know where some bugs hide so the offending parts will be rewritten.
And I can transfer this knowledge step by step, from the root
of the site, to interested coders. Indeed I opened ygwm.org because
I am doing so many things in so many different domains that I can't
steward everything and I hope others reuse my work. Setting up
f-gpu.org will be a good case study and learning experience :-)

Regards,
Nikolay
YG