Re: [f-cpu] Register Bank

On Fri, 3 Aug 2001, Michael Riepe wrote:

> Didn't we want to include a POST (Power-On Self Test) anyway?  Since that
> will have to test the registers (i.e. write into them and read back the
> values), it can also initialize them.  I removed the Rst line now ;)

One way to do the selftest is to plug logicBIST to the scan chains that
already exists for manufacturing test vectors. There are some commercial
tools at least to do this almost automatically. Those tools understand
memories and can test small memories in the same test and leave the bigger
ones for memBIST.