Re: [f-cpu] C/VHDL interface

hi !

Michael Riepe wrote:
> Can you please include the release date in the filename?
> E.g. `snapshot-20010813.tgz', or something like that.
> I already have heaps of `snapshot' files lying around ;(

why not but this may become more difficult to know
where to find the most recent file and what it is about...
maybe i'll rename to ygasm-snapshot etc... ?

but i don't feel like writing HTML tonight anyway.

> > now, i wonder how to use these files, containing
> > only #defines, inside a VHDL project ?
> > probably through the use of m4 or cpp ?
>
> Not at all.  If we *really* have to share data between C and VHDL,
> there is IMHO only one way to go: use a (very simple) third `source'
> format and convert that to C headers and VHDL packages.

why not.

>         - simple expressions must not use operators other than `*'
>           (multiplication), `/' (division), `+' (sum) and `-' (subtraction
>           or negation), and the parentheses '(' and ')'
however boolean operations like "|" is useful when defining masks etc.

> If we can agree on that, I'll happily contribute filters that convert
> this file format to C and VHDL.

i'm happily waiting for it :-)

> > I am also desperately seeking "decent" VHDL 93 software
> > for linux. only SIMILI or NCSIM would work but
> > i'm not a linux configuration guru and i can't setup
> > either wine (for simili, under a debian distrib)
> > or the network (Cadence locksthe SW to the MAC address).
> > i have tried FreeHDL and it's worse than i thought :-/
> > Alliance and Electric Editor are not better either.
>
> Vanilla VHDL works for me (but Simili under NT is faster).

where is vanilla ? i don'tfind it on th opencollector.org site.
maybe i'll search google.

WHYGEE