RE: [f-cpu] Re: Floating-Point?

Hi guys,

don't fight about it :-)

All fast implementations have a problem on precision.
Usually you shrink down the window where the system
will work correctly to achieve maximum speed. I read
a lot about filtering lately - my head still aches.

Was talking to Yann lately if it won't be possible
to design fast 32 bit floating point instructions
that keep the computed value as one part of a 64 bit
value pair, the other being the imprecise error of
this value due to the limitations of precision.

I am just getting into floating point methods though
and therefore can't tell today if this is possible
or not. But imagine you add/subtract/multiply/divide
a number and take care of the number unsharpness the
same instance. Forget about rounding problems, just
track them with the computation values.

What's your opinion?

JG