Re: [f-cpu] ongoing work

hi,

Michael Riepe wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 23, 2001 at 01:27:29AM +0200, Yann Guidon wrote:
> > - i have debugged the m4 files. they now perform
> >   the constant evaluations, which removes the need
> >   to transform the "|" into "or".
> Beware!  m4 may be limited to 32-bit signed integers or something
> like that.
i'll try to remember this.
currently it is not a problem.
if larger stuff is needed, it will be handled as character strings
and computations will be avoided.

> > - i figured out how to use vv87 but i have not been
> >   as far as doing scripts (yet).
> Put the commands in a file and type "do filename" :)
but is there a command line argument for vv87 ?
it ignores them, AFAIK.

> > - i have started to write a VHDL-HOWTO.fcpu file,
> >   which contains some starter hints for the newcomers.
> >   I would like this to become a well-featured file,
> >   so if you are a HOWTO-writing professional, please
> >   help me and make it into a fine-looking text :-)
>
> I may be a writing professional, but... ;)
i was more thinking about philippe, but please
give your advices about this file. it's only a first try.
look at it under f-cpu/vhdl/VHDL-HOWTO.f-cpu.

> > - ROP2 is still under work. have a look anyway
> >   but i doubt it will compile.
> >
> > i have put the latest "snapshot" at f-cpu.seul.org,
> > in the incoming directory.
> > http://f-cpu.seul.org/new/snapshot_yg_8_23_2001.tgz
> > Michael, i thnk that you prefer this name, no ? :-)
> Guess what? I *love* it :)
maybe, but now : fetch it ! ;-)
i know you're dying to read its contents ;-P

have fun,

>  Michael "Tired" Riepe <Michael.Riepe@stud.uni-hannover.de>
WHYGEE