Re: Rep:[f-cpu] about the scheduler...

--- Nicolas Boulay <nicolas.boulay@ifrance.com> wrote:
> [...]
the ragister nr queue needs to be checked for posible
stalls, it would be to slow if we need to get all
this info to and from each EU.
the write port nr queue only controls the xbar write
and the register write, as the register unit is
a bit sloow, it would be nice to put the queue close
to that.
if there is going to be an "enable" FIFO that travels
along each EU, we can't realy use that in the
scheduler
unles its phisicaly neer the scheduler.

i changed my mind on this:
the check for zero in the register write queue can
be don in other ways, like just ignoring
R0_busy when R0_nr == 0.

but we still need to check somehow if a write slot is
free.

if we write to R0, then it would nice if we
kept the write (port nr) out of the queue, so we
can use that write slot for somthing else.

> used but it's could
> not be the fastest design possible.
> nicO

as far as i can see, if we use a scoreboard to get the
condition flags for a register, we still need to
bypass
it in the x-bar stage, so why not always do it in the
x-bar stage ? (the condition register can be read
onto the x-bar read bus, and in case of a bypass
the register valueue end op on the x-bar anyway.