Re: [f-cpu] Re: (forw) Paper proposal

hi,

nicO wrote:
> Andy Mueller-Maguhn a écrit :
oh, Andy :-)

> > >I'm from the f-cpu team. We would to make a 2 hours speach about the
> > >fcpu technology and last development (we will try to make it less boring
> > >than last year ;p).
> >
> > That´s great. For planning the time-slot and announcement I need
> >
> > - titel
> > - short description (5 lines or so)
> > - references / URL´s
> > - coordinates of the people / phone #
> >
> > best regards,
> >
> > A.
>
> I believe that the short description will be display in there web site.
right. look at the last years : you can find the description in the CCC's
archives.

> It's like an advertising for us. So we must encourage them to see our
> presentation.
that's not the most difficult : we have to keep them from leaving after 20 minutes ;-P

******************************* ^ "design"

***********************************^ " freedom"
*************************** "whoever wants"
> The main goal is to provide a free IP
************************************^ this term is not known
and will be confused with the network protocol.

************************************** "compromise"

******************************************* "is"
> execution unit (blocs that make calcul) are under design. The main
> project problem are the lack of free synthesys tools (to translate code
> to chip) and good GPL-like licence (silicon are under specific law).
>
> We will present all the hard point in the design of a cpu and the global
> architecture of the Fcpu.

if you can keep this program, it's fine for me.
In the end of the text there are many english errors
so i prefer to copy and modify it. Here is the "cleaned" version :
(Graham, or whoever, please correct me :-D)

 The F-cpu (Freedom CPU) project

 The goal of the project is to design
 a free cpu core (free in the sense of "freedom",
 not free of charge). The CPU is written in VHDL and
 all the source code and documentation will
 be available to whoever wants to build one under a
 GNU licence (or very close to). The contributors
 are mostly european and want to create a new standard
 with a good compromise between cost and performance.

 Nowadays, the instruction set is defined and most integer
 execution units (computational blocks) are in active design.
 Now that we have found VHDL simulators, the main problem today
 is the lack of free synthesis tools (to translate VHDL code into
 a chip mask) and an enforceable GPL-like licence (electronic
 circuits obey to specific laws).

 We will present all the key issues in the design of a
 cpu and the global architecture of the F-cpu. (FC0 ?)

PS: during the presentation, please do not confuse "F-CPU"
and "FC0".

PS2: are you sure that you will have enough time to
present ALL the "hard points" ? :-P

PS3: geeez, if this program works, i wish i was at least
in the audience :-)

> nicO
WHYGEE