Re: Re: [f-cpu] GCC 3.1 for F-CPU port

hi !

(still catching up in chronological order)

>De: "Antoine"
>
>> Not a bad clue.
>>
>> But for 128-bit F-CPU instead of 64-bit, using ".q" would be clumsy.
>>
>> Why don't use something like :
>>
>> .l = long word, can be 64-bit or 128 bit or more
>
>In my opinion, an integer (or a pointer) wider than 64 bits
> really has no point. Such widths should be reserved for SIMD.

why "reserved" ?

usually, a pointer uses a register (there is no SIMD pointer).
if a register is larger than 64 bits, then the pointer
theoretically grows as well. it's just a matter of how many
bits are "useful/used".

>Again, that's only my opinion ;)

yup :-)

btw, who will come tomorrow to http://paris.firstjeudi.org/ ?