Re: [f-cpu] GCC 3.1 for F-CPU port

> >using sufix like .8/.16/.32 is okay but .64 is wrong
>
> why ?...
> at least, using these numbers is not ambiguous at all.

Probably because .8 is valid ONLY if SR_SIZE_0 == 1 ...
But if you will use .8, .128... then assembler should
generate .note in ELF to describe wanted content of
SR_SIZE_[0-3] and linker should check whether only
4 values all used in all linked files.
Maybe it is not bad idea at all !

By the way, I read in some older post that SIMD bit
in insns is used only to mask result. So that if some
core would decide to ignore the flag will it still
work correctly ?
IMHO it should. So that if I do non-simd add.8 I should
not rely on bits 8 and higher, these can have any value,
correct ?

devik