Re: [f-cpu] GCC 3.1 for F-CPU port

On Fri, Dec 06, 2002 at 10:37:51AM +0100, devik wrote:
> > > But if you will use .8, .128... then assembler should
> > > generate .note in ELF to describe wanted content of
> > > SR_SIZE_[0-3] and linker should check whether only
> > > 4 values all used in all linked files.
> > > Maybe it is not bad idea at all !
> >
> > Minor objection: according to the ELF standard, a .note section MUST
> > NOT change the semantics of a program.
>
> Hehe it is evident that you are messing with ELF just now :)

Nope. Good memory :)

> It is long time I read the specs :)
> So let's create new section for that :)

We could also use a processor-specific flag that marks non-default object
files, and a special symbol table entry that indicates the settings of
SR_SIZE_[0-3] (the default value would be something like 0x03020100).

BTW: do we really need 4 special regs? Wouldn't a single one be
sufficient?