Re: [f-cpu] F-CPU invited at the Libre Software Meeting

On Sat, Feb 23, 2002 at 02:15:27PM +0100, Yann Guidon wrote:
[...]
> i didn't mean to offense youn Lee :-) however, from the little
> i know, there are still a lot of problems and unsupported, useful
> features such as SIMD... There are many optimisation techniques
> that F-CPU requires and that GCC is completely unaware of.

Sorry to interrupt, but: We don't need a highly optimizing compiler at
the beginning. We just need a compiler that generates correct code
(may also be bad code, as long as it's correct). It doesn't have to
support SIMD, either -- most compilers don't grok that anyway.