Re: [f-cpu] F-CPU in the light of OpenRISC

On Tue, Feb 07, 2006 at 03:42:13PM +0000, Bob Ham wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I've been silent on this list but waiting for things to happen for a
> while now.  Having just looked ath the OpenRISC[0] project on
> opencores.org, it would seem that they have completed the objectives
> of the F-CPU project already, and even have the core on silicon[1].
>
> [0] http://www.opencores.org/projects.cgi/web/or1k/overview
> [1] http://www.opencores.org/projects.cgi/web/or1k/silicon
>
> I was wondering what you guys had to say about where the F-CPU project
> stands given this?

Oh dear.  No sooner do I ask this, I find out[0] that Sun is going to
release the verilog sources to the UltraSPARC T1 under the GPL!  I'm
gobsmacked, not to mention excited :)

[0] http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/02/15/sun_opensourcing_ultrasparc_chip/

Bob