Re: Re: [f-cpu] "Tree"

hi !

>Juergen Goeritz <goeritz@oekomm.de>
>On Wed, 9 Jan 2002, Yann Guidon wrote:
>> > How about a simple switch that enables/disables that balancing?
>>
>> this was my point #2.
>>
>> Even better : when the compilation script recognizes the synthesizer,
>> it sets an environment variable. Then, during the file selection,
>> it's a simple (ba)sh line which can select whether to use
>> the "manual" version or not. ok ?
>
>Automatic recognition of the synthesizer may not be an issue
>since you want to stay independent of them. When you take a
>look at the LEON project you see that need to always produce
>new versions due to new synthesizers/libraries supported. Of
>course there are also bug fixes but once you start working
>with a release you have to check the main tree and include
>the new fixes manually. That's not what I would want here.

You have a point, but i didn't mean to be _that_ specific.
At least we can recognize _only_ the synthesiser families which
do not know tree balancing (for example).

i think i'll keep the "optional manual trees" away from the main
compilation script but i won't deprecate it : it might be useful at any time.

>JG
YG