Re: Tr:Rep:Re: [f-cpu] "Tree"

nicolas.boulay@ifrance.com wrote:

> complete assynchonous design. It run at 2 ns for a
> cycle for a 0.8um technology. It doesn't use neither
> double rail logic nor hand checking. I was in contact
> with one of the guy from  the team who write it. But
> i don't know how they time there cpu.
> nicO

Hmm A Forth machine pops back up again?
.8um how fast is that? How many real gates in the pipeline.
This includes the gates in the pipeline flipflops.
How is the logic partitioned. What is the architecture?
What is the latency? In 2 ns what the % of gate delay time,
transmission time % and fixed overhead like clock skew %?
What logic is used - bipolar, nmos , cmos , ecl , tube?
Yes tubes could make a comeback for tiny structures.

--
Ben Franchuk - Dawn * 12/24 bit cpu *
www.jetnet.ab.ca/users/bfranchuk/index.html