Re: [f-cpu] statistics of direct indexing usage

hi !

devik wrote:

people on gcc list recommended gcc itself as representative
for quick testing because the code contains mixture of many
common operations. If you have other big source file, then
preprocess it (gcc -E) and send to me. I'll then include results
in my tests.

what about the STREAM benchmark or the FFTW library ?

Another example would be video stuff lile mpeg encoders and decoders.

However I think that first fcpu target are servers (especially
those hosted at ISP - I have several of them I feel the need).

i don't think that this is a reasonable target because ISPs want a lot of GHz and terabytes
of cache, which we can't provide yet. However F-CPU can be integrated in a router,
if instanciated on the tranceiver chips, or in RAID controllers for example...

devik

YG