Re: [f-cpu] statistics of direct indexing usage

> >However I think that first fcpu target are servers (especially
> >those hosted at ISP - I have several of them I feel the need).
> >

> i don't think that this is a reasonable target because ISPs want a lot
> of GHz and terabytes
> of cache, which we can't provide yet. However F-CPU can be integrated in
> a router,
> if instanciated on the tranceiver chips, or in RAID controllers for
> example...

Don't kill me my ideas please ;-) I hope to see it in my
web-servers. I want moderate performance BUT not 40W of
temperature wasted power whci I can't cool in our 1U
rack boxes.
We run with 256MB ram is it IS enough for correctly writen
apps. We also have highly loaded 1000 users postgresql server
and 512MB ram with PIII/800 is enough.
I hope 1GHz fcpu could do the job someday.
devik