Re: [f-cpu] Snapshot_jws update

hi,

jaap stolk wrote:
> hi,
>
> for those interested:
>
> i uploaded a new Snapshot_jws of a f-cpu simulator to:
> http://f-cpu.seul.org/~f-cpu/new/?M=A
>
> it now compiles on its own (no YG snapshot needed)
> just unpack it somewhere and read jaap.txt
:-)
but a YG snapshot is necessary if some definitions
must be changed.

> biggest changes are a rewrite of the x-bar, and a
> working fetcher / decoder (no scheduler yet).
i would concentrate on
 - validation of the units
 - careful design and validation of the register set
 - and then connect the units together with the Xbar.
 - then comes the decoder and the scheduler queue.

i have remarked that you have not integrated ROP2
in your files, however. I am trying to integrate your
files in my snapshot.

I also remark that EU_INC is not capable of doing SIMD
operations.

I have also chmod'ed the files so only scripts appear
as executable (it's better for the autocompletion ;-D)

Do i move the fcpusim files out of the toplevel directory ?

Concerning the "clocking" :
 - one solution to reduce the number of temporary
   variables is to use the input parameters of the
   functions. it''s a "clean" way to rename signals :-)
 - another (complementary) solution is to run the
   pipeline in reverse order : compute the EU first
   and _only_then_ the Xbar operation. it saves some
   temporary data and code.

Your code seems to be good but i hope you'll forgive
the paranoid and picky remarks :-)
I hope this helps and you will keep the good work up !

other remarks will come soon.
read you soon,

> jaap.
WHYGEE