Re: Re[4]: Rep:Rep:Re: Rep:Re: [f-cpu] Stack handling

On Thu, 25 Jul 2002, Christian M. Schubert wrote:

>Thursday, July 25, 2002, 12:36:30 AM, Michael Riepe wrote:
>> Do you remember the latest BIND resolver bug (some weeks ago)? They *did*
>> use a pointer and a length, and then forgot to update one of them.
>
>> I guess the root of all evil is lazy programmers. Or too many
>> programmers working on the same project at the same time.
>
>Well, multiple programmers on the same project usually doesn't impose
>a problem usually - the problem arises when one programmer who doesn't
>have a clue of the programm tries to modify something on his own -
>that might have disastrous consequences.

The problem one seem to have in a lot of huge long term
projects. Especially when developers change to other
projects during its development cycle. Compared to the
hardware the software is much, much more complex. And
it gets even worse with OO software.

Once in a project it looked like I had to program the
interface between the two splitted parts of the team.
They had the reflection of the splitted team in the
code as well. Needed some software statemachines to
program around the (design) issue which couldn't get
resolved by the team (freelancers haven't got strong
positions in such projects, they are easy replaceable
or exchangeable).

JG