Re: [f-cpu] Branding in Germany

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Riepe" <michael@stud.uni-hannover.de>
To: <f-cpu@seul.org>
Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2001 10:59 PM
Subject: Re: [f-cpu] Branding in Germany

There are several steps to the process, the trademark is the only the name
and symbol attached to the product. The patent itself can be futher secured
by an industrial patent which covers esthetics. I believe that's the name of
it. Patents can be registered via the PCT office which governs regional
issues. Registration is relatively cheap. The search of "prior knowledge" is
expensive. This is necessary for a "strong patent" Shortfalls of the
proceedure usually crop up in defining the scope of the patent. Each
addition to the patent also has a nominal fee. Time limits extend to about
18 months for the search.

If I could write your code I would, but what I can do, and what should be on
your mind is securing a marketplace to proxy in some dollars. This I may be
able to help in. However at a time and place.

Chris