RE: [f-cpu] calling conventions

Hello everyone!

I'm new to this list - if it's OK with you guys I'd like to make a few
comments about calling conventions:

 - Calling conventions are usually language-specific. So, for example, you
could specify the C calling convention seperately and independently of the
Lisp calling convention.

 - Compilers usually offer ways of calling into conventions for other
languages when it is feasable. However, these are not used a great deal[1] -
when programmers write components of their system in different languages,
they usually run them as seperate operating system processes.
[1] For a while, most or all Windows API funcitons used pascal calling
convention, and C code had to specify this. But it's not difficult to call
pascal from C.

 - In the case of C, functions with >13 parameters are rare, and var-args
calls are very rare. (printf et. al. are already super slooooow)

Cheers, John