Re: Rep:[f-cpu] Another proposition for a call convention

[Cédric]

R60 : return adress
R61 : global pointer
R62 : Frame pointer
R63 : stack pointer

[Nico]

>>> Must we obligatory have one unique stack pointer in C. I have read
somewhere that the dependancies on this register is really strong
(typical IPC jump far away without such pointer).

[I]

Are you speaking about frame pointer ? the only real purpose of frame pointer
is to help for debug but in a release we don't really need a frame pointer.
Unless it is the case for IA32 for example, and I'm quite sure for most other
CPUs too. There is no real reason to get rid of it nor to be forced to use it.
So I think it shouldn't be a problem.