Re: [f-cpu] calling conventions

Christophe wrote:

> since there are two forms and in C they share the same name, there must be only
> one implementation. So "open" implementation has really three arguments. What
> happens when we call "open" with two arguments ? put a default value on the
> third argument ?

Did not some computer languages permit subroutine parameters to be
predefined. If the argument is omitted the default value is passed
keeping the same number of arguments used.

> Anyway, for performance, one of two choices : having a great compiler able to
> translate recursive functions to iterative functions, or translate by ourselves
> recursive functions into iterative functions.

Choice #3 ... Have a great cpu that users can work at what ever level
they wish with out problems, binary , machine language, high level and
very high level languages. It is only about 10% of the code that needs
to be optimized and that still is algorithm dependent rather than
hardware optimized.

--
Ben Franchuk - Dawn * 12/24 bit cpu *
www.jetnet.ab.ca/users/bfranchuk/index.html