Re: [f-cpu] 64 K processes

From: "Christophe"

> ok ok I misunderstood :)
>
> Well suppose that 64 K processES are running, do you compute how much it
takes
> as physical memory for all 64 K processes if we use a hierachical paging
for
> example ?

As I said, even a hard limit of that many processes would not be a problem.
It was just to show that needing a global memory space to which segments
provide windows which build up the per process memory spaces does not
present any significant problem (it shouldnt, PowerPC uses it after all ...
although they still use a hardware TLB) not even for a general purpose OS.

Marco